Brandis has been Lutheran since 1529. Over the course of the centuries the house of God was preserved and filled with life by its congregation. Because what would a church be without a living congregation? The church is the centre of parish life, a place of prayer and praising God, as well as a place for cheerful festivals.
- 1121 First mention of Brandis (Brandeitz) church in a deed.
- Brickwork sections of the nave and the tower intersection date from Romanesque times. Romanesque plaster residue on the eastern side of the tower in the area of the roof beams, small Romanesque window on the southern side of the nave (revealed during the church restoration of 1961 - 69).
- Chancel and vestry date from the Late Gothic era (2nd half of the 15th century). On the northern side of the chancel is a sacrarium, next to it an epitaph with the image of a child in religious robes - Wolf Ditterich von Korbitz.
- The transept on the southern side of the tower dates from the 16th century. Beneath this annex lies the patronate crypt, now closed. On the eastern side of the most recent annex (bridal hall) is an epitaph for a Bohemian exile, who died in Brandis in 1681.
- In 1637 and 1696 Brandis experienced two large town fires. In 1633 325 people (almost one resident in two) died of the Black Death.
- Approximately 1700 Refitting of the church interior with altar, pulpit, patron's lodge and organ, primarily through donations of the patron Krafft Burchhard von Bodenhausen.
- 1732 An octagon with bulbous cupola, ball and weathervane is erected on the tower.
- 1741 Installation of a tower clock. The movement still exists today, winding is now undertaken electronically.
- The font dates from 1886.
- 1992-93 Restoration of the tower
- 1994-96 Renovation of the roof beams and recladding of the roof
- 1997-99 Renovation of the exterior
Gewerbepokal Sportplatz "Freundschaft"
6. Stadtmeisterschaft, Sportplatz "Freundschaft"
Orgel in Polenz ist „Sächsische Orgel des Monats Juni“
Die Arche Rockt III - Open Air